- Lead Developer with 5 years of professional experience
- Experience in leading, training and coaching a team of more than 3 developers
The MANOBI AFRICA company develops, operates and provides a set of business services from its proprietary digital platform, mainly in countries African and in the fields of agriculture, access to drinking water and sanitation, artisanal fishing, services to local communities, in developing the economic inclusion and social development of populations vulnerable.
For this Manobi combines the use of the most advanced technologies in mobile, development Web, connected objects and satellite imagery, with innovative distribution channels for services and models disruptive economic to optimize the interactions between all the operators of a value chain.
Manobi AFRICA is looking for a lead developer willing to share his vision in participating in the development of its solutions and having the ambition to become a champion in his field of expertise.
The lead developer has managerial and technical skills. Indeed, he must be able to train his teams, supervise and motivate the developers he manages functionally as a hierarchical referent (4 to 10 members per team on average).
As a leader, he sets the pace of the development of the project. He guarantees its smooth running thanks to his solid technical skills, and he has a close working relationship with his teams.
• Technical skills
• Added value in project management to deliver the expected elements on time and on budget
• An ability to lead and collaborate with one’s team and to interface with business contacts
• He keeps abreast of new technologies and knows how to identify and evaluate innovations. It ensures the use of good development practices to design a site.
• Supervise the project: control of the good progress of developments, definition of the guideline, technical choices, methods to be used
• Manage your team: support developers, solve problems, train them in skills
• Be the code referent, implement best practices, and check the actions taken by your team
• Be responsible for coding specific parts of the program
• Ensure the quality of the code using analysis tools and automatic code
• Guarantee the respect of the imposed deadlines
• Respect the allocated budget
• Set up tests / acceptance
• Technology watch
The candidate sought must meet the following profile criteria:
• Proven experience in the development of one or more mobile projects and Web
• Mastery of technical fields
HTML / CSS / Ajax / API Rest / HightCharts / ChartJS
• Database: MySQL
• Cartography: Leaflet, GoogleMaps, qGIS
• Server: LAMP, Node.JS
• Programming: Java, Android Studio
• Database: SQLite
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills;
• Demonstration of relational qualities
• Mastery of basic office tools (Excel, Word, Power Point, e-mail, Internet);
• Mastery of project monitoring tools: JIRA, Redmine, Kanban, GIT Lab
• Minimum level of training: Bac + 5;
Fluency in French, English and a minimum level of mobility will be appreciated advantages for the selection of the successful candidate.
The position is available under a fixed-term contract with possibility of transformation into a permanent contract depending on the level of demonstrated performance.
The company is open to teleworking if the minimum conditions are met.
The duty station is in Dakar with missions to clients and partners.
Hierarchical Relations :
The Lead Developer reports to the Technical Director of Manobi Africa. He reports to him on the progress of projects on the basis of internal team management tools, economic management of activities and management of customer relations.
It implements under its coordination the procedures for preventing and correcting post-project malfunctions.
He will work closely with the project partners in order to strengthen the operational quality of the service offering. These partners include both the end users of the services, the representative of Manobi’s partners in the project and the telephone and Internet operator (s) supplying the networks on which the Manobi platform runs.
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Lead Developer – Manobi Africa”
The position will remain open for applications until it is filled.
Manobi Africa is an equal opportunities employer and is particularly interested in increasing the participation of women in its workforce.
Share this post on