- Project Manager with 5 years of professional experience
- Priority countries: Niger, Guinea, Benin, Nigeria, Senegal
About Manobi Africa and agCelerant
Combining expertise, digitalization and proximity presence, Manobi Africa is a pioneer in orchestrating value chains towards achieving food sovereignty in Africa based on the economic and social inclusion of vulnerable populations.
With its agCelerant ecosystem of services, Manobi Africa is moving agriculture into the post-digital age and developing phygital agriculture, building transparent and honorable consumer-driven food systems through the orchestration of inclusive value creation along commodity value chains. agCelerant is catalyzing public-private partnerships in a multi-country portfolio that is contributing to the transformation of African agriculture.
The agCelerant Project Manager will work closely with the Manobi Africa Managing Director and the International Development Director to optimize the deployment of the agCelerant ecosystem in target countries. He/she will coordinate projects and maintain relationships with partners to ensure inclusive performance in agCelerant’s agricultural value chains. Specifically, the project manager will:
- Coordinate the implementation of agCelerant in-country through strategic planning and administrative and technical management.
- Oversee the quality of agCelerant’s in-country operations (timelines, budget, and deliverables) and ensure their compliance with best practices of internal, public, and private partners.
- Be responsible for the financial and technical management of agCelerant’s projects and programs, including the management of third party contractors.
- Oversee the optimization and safeguarding of quality interactions between stakeholders in the agricultural value chain orchestrated by agCelerant.
- Represent agCelerant and the Manobi Africa Group with project partners.
- Identify and develop partnership and funding opportunities to accelerate agCelerant’s national and international deployment.
- Be involved in the development of Manobi Africa Group’s strategy for the agricultural sector.
- Write precise project reports in a timely manner for internal management and external project partners.
- Knowledge of project management methods;
- Master project management and office automation tools;
- Know how to write and respond to specifications;
- Know the business actors of the project;
- Know how to manage a budget and meet deadlines;
- Be a good communicator;
- Be diplomatic and listen to the customer’s needs;
- Have very good interpersonal skills;
- Be rigorous and have a sense of priorities;
- Ability to adapt;
- Ability to manage conflicts;
- Ability to manage stress;
- At least 5 years experience in leading a team
The successful candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Motivated by Manobi Africa Group’s mission to develop, with agCelerant , Africa’s food sovereignty based on the inclusion of small-scale producers.
- University degree in a relevant discipline (marketing & communication, social sciences, international management, international development studies, agricultural sciences).
- Passionate about the use of digital technologies in agriculture or other economic sectors in developing countries.
- Experienced and proven track record in developing and managing agricultural development initiatives in a competitive environment.
- A good network of contacts and visibility with public and private partners involved in the agricultural development sector, with a demonstrated ability to develop partnerships and mobilize resources.
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a senior manager of multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability, motivation and agility to work in diverse and complex environments required.
- Management ability and strong experience in building high performance teams.
- High integrity and credibility in the development sector.
- Fluency in professional English and French (read, spoken, written).
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences.
- Based in Dakar (Senegal) with regular international travel.
- Attractive compensation package
The position will remain open for applications until filled.
Manobi Africa is an equal opportunity employer and is particularly interested in increasing the participation of women in its workforce.